Heard a great story this morning on NPR. All in honor of the great movie, This is Spinal Tap. Remember where Nigel Tufnel talks about turning the volume all the way up to ELEVEN? So, what are your top 11 songs that must be turned up to 11 to be fully enjoyed?
I came up with waaay more than 11, but here’s my short list, in no particular order. CRANK IT UP, UP, UP – TO ELEVEN! ROCK ON!!
1) Right Now – Van Halen
2) No Leaf Clover – Metallica & the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra
3) King Nothing – Metallica
4) Man in the Box – Alice in Chains
5) Personal Jesus – Marilyn Manson
6) Hazy Shade of Winter – Bangles
7) Blue Monday – Orgy
8) Come As You Are – Nirvana
9) Bring Me to Life – Evanescence
10) Limelight – Rush
11) Walking in LA – Missing Persons
And a few retro dance tunes from the 1980s, too, that are also great played at volume “11”.
1) Let’s Go All the Way – Sly Fox
2) You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) – Dead or Alive
3) Hello Again – Cars
4) Let’s Go Crazy – Prince
5) Burning Down the House – Talking Heads